- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 2 large carrots shredded (julienne style) and cut about 2 inches long
- 1/4 of a cabbage cut into pieces no bigger than the spoon you’ll eat the soup with.
- 2 potatoes diced
- 2 cans of contadina stewed tomatoes (do not drain, but dice up the tomatoes)
- 1 large bone in chicken breast boiled till done (keep broth)
- McCormick’s steakhouse seasoning grinder
- McCormick’s chicken base
Directions: Boil the chicken breast until done, in enough water to cover the breast an inch or two. Cool, and pick chicken. Cut into bite sized pieces, and put aside.
In a large pan add chopped cabbage, celery, onion, potatoes and carrots. Cover with 3 inches of water and boil (add enough chicken base to taste when the water is hot enough).
When vegetables are almost done, add the 2 cans of tomatoes.
Grind in Steakhouse Seasoning, to taste, and boil until vegetables are tender. The water will evaporate quite a bit, so you will have add some fresh chicken broth. Add chicken. Cool slightly, and serve with well buttered toast.