- 5 cups sliced, peeled cooking apples
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- (vanilla ice cream optional)
Directions: Place fruit in a 2-quart square baking dish. Stir in granulated sugar.
To Prepare Topping: In a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
Bake in a 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream (optional).